Saturday, May 30, 2009

Getting to the Business of Everyday Life

Hey All, I know it's been awhile since I wrote, but I've been visiting friends and family in LA and Phoenix....and I have the mosquito bites to prove it...I won't be able to wear skirts for weeks.

I'm still job hunting, and again since it was pounded into my brain by my parents to "Not say anything, if there's not anything nice to say", here is a little bit about my job hunt....





............so I'm still looking.

On the Sin City home front, my place is great. Now I'm going to sound like a spoiled child (because I am), but I never really did a lot of housework before I came here.

Now those who have seen my past living spaces are laughing soundly. STOP LAUGHING...REALLY STOP LAUGHING.

If you have ever seen my old apartments it was always VERY apparent, that I hated cleaning and chores and would do about anything to avoid them. I used to drop off my laundry at "Sunny Cleaners" on Sunset and Fuller and was greeted by all the Japanese ladies yelling a bastardized version of my last name "Wa ta Howwwwze." It was sort of like the TV Show "Cheers", but there was never any alcohol involved. Then occasionally I would get the follow up line from Sunny (who coincidentally owned "Sunny Cleaners")..."Why you no married?"..."Well," I would say. "That's a question for the ages." and they all would titter and weigh my laundry that hadn't been done in a month.

When I got to Las Vegas, my Mom was astounded at how much clothing I had...well, Mom, instead of washing, I just bought more.

In my old abode, I would pick up occasionally and throw stuff out and if things got really bad, I would hire a cleaning lady for my tiny little guesthouse. I guess, what it came down to was it was a small place, I had way too much stuff in it and I was too darn lazy to do anything about it.

Now I'm here and my space had grown by 1000 square feet. I have a washer and dryer and a dishwasher...no excuses anymore. But I'm making a lot of mistakes....Mike gave me 6 beautiful plants and I've killed 4 of them...Before I never kept plants in my house and if someone gave me one I placed it outside so Jaime, my gardener would take care of it. Ooops! (Do you see another sequel to a "Legally Blonde" movie running through your head)?

But here in Las Vegas I had to take care of them myself and I put the plants in the wrong spot on the patio and they burned up, then I put them in the atrium and drowned them...then to add insult to injury, I put in the "Aqua Globes" to really make sure they were dead...Oops...hopefully they were way past being expired...

The laundry situation is a little better, although I've still never caught on how to fold a fitted sheet....Mom has showed me over and over, but mine look like I've balled them up and thrown them in the closet...which I actually have. Actually that's a lie, they're still in the laundry basket from last week waiting to be folded.

The kitchen is a dream...I had a little issue keeping the black granite from looking streaky (who knew they had granite cleaner), but I love having a dishwasher, two sinks and....wait for it...counter space.

I had a fantasy that when I came to live in my sweet Casa de Agua Apreciar; I would cook like the Barefoot Contessa, become a master of cleaning, goddess of the garden, entertain like Martha (Yes, I was watching ALOT of TV) and get taller, slimmer, younger, and have young gorgeous boys all over me (appreciating me for the gorgeous older, wiser, sexier woman I was compared to their female counter parts).

None of this has happened yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment